Share This Page:
This one hour online course provides information on the provisions of Act 75 of 2015 and Public Law 113-183 of 2014 (also known as H.R. 4980.) The training is directed towards child welfare professionals, supervisors, and administrators in both counties and private provider agencies. It provides information regarding the new role of the resource parent and how this impacts the role of the supervisor, administrator, and child welfare professional. It recognizes the importance of normalcy for children and youth in out-of-home care.
Resource Center credit: 1
Following this one hour training, participants will be able to:
- Identify the provisions of recent federal and Pennsylvania changes to the law
- Identify the new role of the caregiver
- Recognize the rationale or importance of "normalcy" for children and youth
- Develop a plan to utilize recent federal and Pennsylvania changes to the law in your role as a child welfare professional
How to access online trainings:
- 1. Obtain your user name and password by emailing email@example.com
- 2. Go to www.e-learn.pitt.edu
- 3. Enter your user name and password. If you wish to change your password-click on Edit Profile.
- 4. Click on the Course Catalog icon at the top of the screen.
- 5. Scroll down to 1969: Overview of Reasonable and Prudent Parenting and Public Law 113-183.
- 6. Click on the Clipboard Icon at the right of the screen to enroll in the course.
- 7. In order to receive a certificate of completion, you will need to complete the course, as well as complete the evaluation. Once the evaluation is completed, you will see a certificate of completion that you will be able to print out for your records.